If you live in Saskatoon and either have a reverse osmosis system installed or are considering installing one, you want to know how to properly maintain it so that it will last. Read on to learn all you need to know to maintain your reverse osmosis system in Saskatoon, SK.
Maintenance Tips for a Reverse Osmosis System in Saskatoon, SK
When you install your reverse osmosis system, have the plumber install an automatic shut-off switch and leak detector as well. These cost very little and can save you loads in cost and hassle later.
Once each year, perform the following tasks:
- Replace the carbon and sediment filters.
- Hire a professional plumbing service to clean and sanitize the filter housings.
- Make sure the pressure in the reservoir tank is between seven and 10 psi when the reservoir is empty.
In addition, once every two years, replace the membranes. While you’re changing the filter, have your professional take TDS meter readings to most-effectively assess the condition of the membranes.
Beyond these regular maintenance tasks, check your reverse osmosis system for leaks every so often.
Steps to Take Before Leaving Home for an Extended Duration
Anytime you’re planning on leaving home for an extended period of time, there are certain steps you should take to protect and preserve your reverse osmosis system.
- Turn the valve off that feeds water to the system.
- Drain the system.
- Locate the valve atop the reservoir tank and shut it off.
To meet all your installation and service needs for a reverse osmosis system in Saskatoon, SK, contact Perfection Plumbing & Drain Cleaning Ltd.